Pre-congress short courses will be held on Sunday, July 23rd at the Albuquerque Convention Center where the Congress is taking place.
Registration for short courses will open on February 15 as part of the registration for the Congress.
The fee for each short course is $250. This fee includes instructor materials, breaks and lunch.
Short course registration will end on July 15.
The following short courses are being offered at USNCCM17:
- CANCELLED SC17-001: Automatic Differentiation Using Complex and Hypercomplex Variables, Harry Millwater, Mauricio Aristizabal
- SC17-002: Advanced Parallel Programming in C++, Patrick Diehl, Hartmut Kaiser, Steven R. Brandt
- SC17-003: Machine Learning for Solid Mechanics, WaiChing Sun, JS Chen
- SC17-004: Towards Automated Model Discovery: A Hands-On Programming Experience of Constitutive Artificial Neural Networks, Kevin Linka, Ellen Kuhl, Mathias Peirlinck
- CANCELLED SC17-005: Implementation of the DPG Method in a FE Code Supporting H1, H(curl), H(div), and L2-Conforming Finite Elements, Leszek Demkowicz, Stefan Henneking
- SC17-006: Peridynamic Theory of Solid Mechanics: Modeling, Computation, and Applications, Pablo Seleson, John Foster, David Littlewood
- CANCELLED SC17-007: PythonFOAM: In-Situ Data Analyses with OpenFOAM and Python, Romit Maulik
- CANCELLED SC17-008: A Tutorial on the Framework for Data-Driven Design and Analysis of Structures and Materials (F3DASM), Miguel Bessa, Martin van der Schelling, Jiaxiang Yi
- CANCELLED SC17-009: Shape and Topology Optimization with Plato and the Engineering Sketch Pad: Hands on Introduction with Applications, Joshua Robbins, Marshall Galbraith, John Dannenhoffer III, Brett Clark
- CANCELLED SC17-010: Simulating Cardiovascular Multi-Physics using the Open-Source CRIMSON Framework, C. Alberto Figueroa, Abhilash Malipeddi, Liz Livingston
- SC17-011: The Phase-Field Approach to Brittle Fracture: Theory and Numerical Implementation, Oscar Lopez-Pamies, Aditya Kumar
- CANCELLED SC17-012: Accelerating Computer Simulations for Materials: CRATE, Miguel Bessa, Bernardo Ferreira
- SC17-013: Building Augmented Reality Visualizations for Computational Mechanics, Manuel Rausch, Mrudang Mathur
- SC17-014: Virtual Element Method in Solid and Fluid Mechanics, N. Sukumar, Gianmarco Manzini
- SC17-015: A Short Course on Hierarchical Deep Learning Neural Network (HiDeNN) and Its Applications: Finite Elements, Isogeometric Analysis, Tensor Decomposition, and Beyond, Wing Kam Liu, Dong Qian
- SC17-016: Multi-Fidelity Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Mechanics, Gianluca Geraci, Alex Gorodetsky, John Jakeman
- SC17-017: The Academic Life: An NSF-Sponsored Faculty Development Workshop, Pamela Abshire, Jennifer Blain Christen, Nicole McFarlane, Maira Samary, Stephen D. Senturia